thestarsarefading!
about
Vintage Icons
Welcome. This blog is purposely for photos, quotes, and a few rambles every now and then. So basically, this is just my random online journal.

main blog
affiliates


walking down memory lane
By post:

tagboard

Inspiring Quotes #1
Friday, November 20, 2009 @ 1:46 AM

"I've made mistakes in my life. I've let people take advantage of me, and I accepted way less than I deserve. But, I've learned from my bad choices and even though there are some things I can never get back and people who will never be sorry, I'll know better next time and I won't settle for anything less than I deserve."

“Trials exist because God wants to test you.” That’s a lie! He already knows your capabilities, more than you could imagine. Trials exist because you need to learn one thing and that is faith.

Without Jesus, days are mournday, tearsday, wasteday, thirstday, shatterday and sinday. So allow him to be with you every day.

God is the reason why even in pain, we smile; even in confusion, we understand; even in betrayal, we trust and even in fear, we continue to fight.

Some lessons are best learned through pain. Sometimes our visions become clear only after our eyes are washed with tears. Sometimes we have to be broken so we can be whole again. If God meant the day to be perfect, He wouldn’t have invented tomorrow.

Do you know the feeling of loving someone who does not love you in return? It hurts, right? That is how God feels most of the time.

A gentle answer turns away wrath but a harsh word stirs up anger. - Proverbs 15:1

Wherever you are, I pray love be with you. Wherever you go, I pray goodness to surround you. Whatever you do, I pray joy to fill your heart because you deserve every good gift a wonderful life can hold.

Life forms us. Sin deforms us. School informs us. But only God transforms us.

God doesn’t want you to describe how great your mountains are, what He wants you to do is to tell your mountains how great your God is.

It is wonderful to get answers from prayers but it is even more wonderful to let God mind you and make you into an answer to somebody’s prayer.

The Lord hides everything in nothing. He hides a tree in a seed. He hides a king in a shepherd boy. He hides a savior in a baby. Aren’t you excited to see what he is hiding in you?

When God leads you to the edge of a cliff, trust him fully and let go because only one of the two things might happen. Either he will catch you when you fall or he will teach you how to fly.

You know what is the sweetest time of the day? It is when you pray. Why? Because you are talking to the One who loves you most.

Life is a constant battle for survival. And as we grow older, the rules change on daily basis. Our mission is not to escape but to survive and win. Not just deal with triumph but to deal with failures and mistakes. Not to run away from fear but to master it. It takes courage to keep on fighting. So if you feel like the rules have shifted one step higher, deal with it and never surrender. God is with you.

The Lord never fails to surprise us. He hides a tree in a seed. He hides a king in the carpenter’s son. He hides a savior in a baby. Aren’t you excited to see what he’s hiding in you? Be prepared for the big surprise the God will provide you.

They say you can never love a person whom you have never seen. I just smiled and said, “I haven’t seen God but I love him.”

“Jesus wasn’t your typical superhero. He wore no cape or costume. He had no logo on his chest or spotlight beacon in the sky. He didn’t have a wise cracking sidekick with a catchy tagline. And he didn’t try to hide his identity to protect himself or his family. He boldly proclaimed who he was, fearless of the danger it would later bring upon himself.” - Brian Coates

An astronomer’s proof that God really exists: “I always look at the planets and see every movement. I realize all of them are moving. But one thing really amazes me, the earth never changes its course – not even a bit, even one degree. You know why? If the earth gets one degree closer to the sun, it will burn and one degree apart, it will freeze. So I realize there’s someone holding it. Someone called God.

Jesus and Satan were using the computer. They started typing. They did every known job, report, emails, and attachments and download. But before the time was up, lighting, thunder, rain and brownout came. Satan cursed. Jesus just sighed. When electricity was back, Satan lost every single thing he had done. But Jesus started printing all his files. Satan shouted, “You cheated!” Jesus just smiled. Because he did what Satan didn’t know, he SAVES.

When God takes something away from your grasp, He is not punishing you but merely emptying your hand to receive something better.

God would not give you the dream or the desire in your heart if he did not also give you the talent and abilities to make that dream come true.

The biggest blessing in our lives is simply the presence of people who care much, who loves for real and see us much beyond ourselves.

I won’t dare question God why He puts me through trials and challenges because I never question Him when I experience joy and victory.

There are times when prayer is the only gift we can give to the one we care for, so I do always pray to God to take good care of you, everyday and always.

When God looks around to use somebody, He has no one to choose from except failures. We serve a gracious Master who knows how to overrule even our mistakes to His glory and our own advantage. - Steve Farrar

Often, we stand at life’s crossroads and view what we think is the end. But God has much bigger vision and He tells us, “Relax, it’s just a bend, not the end.”

A sailor was stuck in an island where he is the only survivor. He made a hut for his shelter, day and night he prayed and waited for someone to rescue him but no one came. He stored food in the hut for his survival but one day, the hut burned to ashes and nothing was left of it. He was so angry, he said: “God, why have you done this to me?” The next morning, rescuers came. He asked, “How did you know that I am here?” They replied, “We saw a smoke signal.” Trust HIM when misfortune happens. His plans are always greater than ours.

We often get impatient and take things into our own hands but God says, “Be quiet, trust me. I know your needs better that you do. Just wait, let me work and give you the best.”

Someday, God will send someone into your life and love you like you have always wanted. If that was yesterday, learn. If that will be tomorrow, wait. If that is today, keep in and never let it go.

God put you on this Earth because no one else can do what you do the way you do it. Be the unique person He intended you to be.

“Lord, at the start of this day, I pray for wisdom to sort my priorities. Let me keep my sense of humor and enjoy a hearty chuckle. Calm my nerves with mental flashes from Your Word. And at the end of this day, let me genuinely say “Thank you Lord for giving me such a wonderful life.” Amen.

Life is unpredictable, anything could just happen. It might me a success or a mess but as long as we are leaning on the Lord’s side, we will win. God never let us down.

Messages from God:
1. Please don’t drink and drive. You are not yet ready to meet me.
2. If you miss the sunrise I made for you today, I will make another one tomorrow.
3. How can you possibly be a self-made man? I specifically recall creating you.
4. If you think Monalisa is stunning, you should look at My masterpiece in the mirror. Smile!

What is Christianity?
At home, it is kindness. In business, it is honesty. In society, it is courtesy. At work, it is fairness. For the unfortunate, it is pity. For the weak, it is help. For the wicked, it is resistance. For the strong, it is trust. For the fortunate, it is congratulations. For the penitent, it is forgiveness. For God, it is reverence and love.

Happiness isn’t getting what we want but being satisfied with what we have. The way to be happy is to be grateful even with the simple blessings we have.

Life is an undying cycle. It is a battle of survival. If you quit, you are a loser. If you fall, stand up. God doesn’t throw stones that you cannot catch.

Never forget to thank God for all the blessings He has given us. No matter how good or bad, there is always a reason and it is always for the best.

Wonder why God didn’t give us the gift to read the mind of others? So we could have the chance to trust and the privilege to be trusted.

A beautiful prayer: “Lord, I know not everything I wished and hoped for will come true. Please give me strength to let go and entrust everything to You. I understand You won’t allow me to be in pain for the sake of hurting but for the sake of learning. You know me more than I know myself that even when I feel alone and unloved, there is still someone who knows all my flaws yet loves me unconditionally like no other human can.”

Sometimes you have got to tuck your feelings away until it’s the right time. Like stuffing coins into a piggy bank for a bike you can’t quite afford because you will never know, maybe when you crack open that piggy bank you will find out that all this time you haven’t been saving for a bike, but for a car in God’s time.

In this world, someone stands behind us; silently loving us, reaching out a hand when we’ve fallen, encouraging us when we are tested and in fear, understanding us when no one does and pointing us the light when we are in the dark. God deserves a pause, a hug and a thank you because we are wrapped in a beautiful truth that we are loved without measure.

One thing I have learned from God is how to get along happily whether I have much or little. I know how to live on almost nothing or everything. I have learned the secret of contentment in every situation. You know why? It is because God is enough to cover everything.

If God doesn’t give you what you want, it isn’t what you need.

Success in life can never be an accident. It is the result of hard work and faith in God. Champions are not the people who never fail but the people who never quit.

God measures the person with the burdens He puts on him. So when you feel your load is heavier than the rest, be happy for God sees you stronger than the rest.

There are times we treat life like a mysterious door. It doesn’t open no matter how hard we push it. We never notice that a huge sign is posted that reads pull. Same thing with life, we struggle, we push, and we push harder until we are tired, hurt, bruised and wounded. We forget there’s a better way surrender, let go and let God in. God willed our lives to be wonderful, lift um everything to Him.

No matter our age or status in life, we all can strive to love others as God loves them. We may accomplish great things in our life – gain fame and fortune – but the greatest thing is love. For all of that we have don or ever will do; only love endures. We depart, love abides.

People have different outlooks in love. But whatever those are there is only a single truth behind everyone’s heartache: love hurts when God knows we deserve someone better.

Daily reminders:
Most important in life – Jesus
Most beautiful attire – Smile
Greatest asset – Faith
Most powerful force – Love
Worst thing to be without – Prayer

Man: God, how long is a million years to you?
God: A second.
Man: How much is $1 million to you?
God: A cent.
Man: Can I borrow a cent?
God: Wait a second.

God asked me how much I loved Him, o spread my arms and told Him, “This big.” I asked Him how much He loved me, He spread His arms and He died.

What is real happiness? It is when you feel fine even if there is only 20 pesos left in your pocket. It is when you enjoy life even without a partner on your side. It is when you thank God despite the problems you have. And most importantly, it is when we know how to smile every time we wake up knowing that we have never been a cause of someone’s pain.

The more love is silently expressed; the more obvious it can be seen. No wonder God loves us in silence but gives us mostly unnoticed blessings.

In a Science class, the teacher asked her students to give an example of things which are countless. Maria answered water. Pedro answered sand. Mateo answered air. The teacher noticed that everybody was participating except for one. She called his attention and asked the same question. “What are the things which are countless?” Martin stood up and answered “blessings.” Have you tried counting yours?

Sometimes, God seems to be quiet. He seems to be absent and never listens. We call Him but never answer. We asked Him for help but He never rescue. I asked myself, “Why God that in my deepest troubles You were not with me?” God smiled and told me, “I never left you. I just want to watch you fighting using My words that are stored in your heart and mind as your weapon. I will always be with you just be with Me always.”

It is morning again. Cheer up and wear a perfect smile. Embrace the day with sheer delight and thank the Lord for an added day.

The power of prayer will never leave you even in the darkest of times. It is the greatest weapon known to man, a freedom no one can take away.

No one will manufacturer a lock without a key. Similarly, God won’t give us problems without solutions. I hope you can find the right key every time you encounter a locked door.

Never rest in serving God. If problems come in your way, go on. If people try to destroy your faith, hold on. For as long as God is there, there will always be a light, a hope, a way.

Labels:

back to the top?
Credits: Layout; Icons; Color codes
Best viewed with Firefox/Chrome